Friday, May 10, 2002

I just finished unpacking a new computer which also came with a short telephone cord (for the modem.) This telephone cord came with a paper containing "important safety instructions." It's a freakin' telephone cord! Why anyone would need a list of safety instructions in order to use a telephone cord is beyond me. The scary thing is that at one time, some idiot probably got killed using a phone cord in an incorrect manner. So now, the company lawyers decided that they had better include a set of instructions so as to limit their liability in case any more deaths or injuries might result from the use of these cords. I had no idea that I use such a dangerous product on a daily basis. I think the feds should implement a "national telephone cord registry" to help protect us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home