Friday, August 30, 2002

So now I hear that baseball is NOT going on strike. Well, I'm kind of disappointed about that. Major League Baseball is damaged and I thought the strike might be a good way to force them to get their act together. Apparently that won't be the case. There has been some discussion as to who is to blame for the mess that baseball is in. As a public service, I will tell you exactly who is to blame! Don't blame the greedy players and their obscene salaries. After all, if you earned that much money and someone offered you even more, I doubt that you'd refuse it. (I know I wouldn't!) So is it the owners fault? No it is not. Every owner wants to get the most popular star players to join their teams. In today's market that means throwing bags of money at them. That's just how things work. So who's to blame? I say that baseball fans are the culprits. Why do the fans keep putting up with all this crap? I hear people say that "if they go on strike, I'll never watch another game." Yes you will. MLB has had nine strikes in the past 30 years. That's an average of one strike every 3.3 years! People, MLB has done it before and they will do it again... and you fans will still go to the games and keep paying higher and higher prices for tickets to support the ever-increasing salaries and until THAT stops, nothing is going to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home