Thursday, February 06, 2003

Are you sick and tired of getting junk mail that you don't want? (I'm talking about basic snail mail here.) Well I've had it with junk mail, and so now I've decided to actually do something about it. My strategy over the past month or so, has been to go to the websites for any companies that sell cool products. Then I check if they offer a free catalogue and if they do, then I fill out my name and address. Now instead of getting junk mail that I don't want, I'm getting tons of junk mail that I do want! I'm telling you... it's been a LOT more fun getting my mail lately! Sometimes I get brochures from a car or motorcycle manufacturer, or other times it might be a mail-order catalogue from a favourite sports team or sporting goods store. (Do you get the feeling that I'm easily amused? If so, you'd be absolutely right!) If I can't think of any company to look up, then I go to the Google Catalog search engine, and browse through the names there. Below each entry, the company's URL is listed so it makes it very easy to find their official websites. In the past few weeks, I've received mail from Nissan, Porsche, Harley Davidson, Joe Rocket, Lego, Budweiser, Crazy Shirts, Jelly Belly, Zippo, and the Vancouver Canucks, just to name a few. (And there's a lot more to come!) Yeah, sure... it's still only junk mail... but now it's fun junk mail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home