Saturday, July 06, 2002

Today was the downtown street festival on Portage Avenue in Winnipeg: Get Together Downtown, a.k.a. Spiritfest. Whatever the name, they were expecting over 200,000 people to attend during the two day event and I was one of them. It was somewhat of a novelty to be able to walk around on what is normally Winnipeg's busiest street. About a dozen city blocks were blocked off to traffic, which basically meant a lot of walking, and I mean a lot of walking. I don't think I've walked this much since the last time that I was in Montreal for the Formula One race. A highlight of the event was the concert by blues guitarist, Sue Foley. That girl can sure shred! Anyway, I've posted a few of my Spiritfest photos on my website, under the "photo gallery" section. Check 'em out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home