Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Just over a month ago, I sent an email to the TSN website to nominate Trish Stratus as a great Canadian. This was for a section on their site where they honour a Canadian athlete for doing something special in the world of sports. Since the TSN television station shows WWE wrestling each week, I thought why not nominate the beautiful Ms. Stratus who had just won the women's wrestling championship at that time. Ignore the issue that professional wrestling is "fake." (That debate was put to rest years ago, when the owner of the WWE publically admitted they script their storylines.) So what? The fact remains that Trish is a phenomenal athlete and entertainer who displays an amazing amount of agility, talent, strength, and skill when she works in the ring. She is world famous and is a great representative for our country. Of course I was mocked by the TSN editor, who questioned whether I had been dropped on my head for making this nomination. Big deal. At any rate, I didn't even know they had published my letter until I saw it today which was a complete coincidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home