Monday, February 24, 2003

Sheesh! I feel like I'm in a real life version of the movie Office Space. Firstly, I was required to go to a company seminar, where I was forced to sit through a long and boring presentation detailing how to write my own job description by using "the tools and templates that will be provided to me by our human resources department." This presentation contained lots of pointless Powerpoint slides, which only helped me mentally tune out of the presentation and fall sleep even faster than I normally would have. (Don't even get me started on Powerpoint, which is the most useless application ever invented. It's only useful function is to show how creative the author can be in developing their slideshow. "Wow! Aren't those transitions clever? How did you get it to do that?" Etc.) Anyway... now I have homework to do. I have to write a detailed job description which is supposed to take about two or three hours to complete. Everyone in the company has to do this. Then the job descriptions will be reviewed and analyzed, after which we will be required to meet with a consultant. We will be interviewed by the consultant, at which time we will describe what we do at the company and so on. This kind of stuff just drives me totally nuts! I've done my job for over ten years without a problem. Now I have to tell them what I do and justify my job, and in doing so, it takes time away from me, where I actually could be doing something useful instead of some bullshit bureaucratic interviews that are a complete waste of time. What a crock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home