Friday, July 19, 2002

My family is simple. Yesterday at a small family gathering, my dad wanted us to hear the greeting message from his friend's answering machine. So we put the phone on "speaker phone" mode so that everyone in the room could listen in. Then he dialed the friend's phone number and we all laughed at the funny greeting message, which even featured banjo music! Then things started getting out of hand, as we were phoning other people to listen to their greeting messages as well. If anyone actually answered their phone, we simply told them that we'd like to listen to their answering machine, and asked that they NOT answer when we called them back a minute later. Uh... did I mention that my family is simple? Anyway, I went home so inspired that I decided to edit the greeting on my own answering machine. I think I did a pretty good job. I mean, anytime that you can feature the voice of Doctor Nick, Nelson Muntz ("haw haw"), and the Road Runner, you've gotta be doing something right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home