Tuesday, September 10, 2002

I am proud to announce that I have just received the dumbest piece of junk email (a.k.a. "spam") that I have ever received. The header of this email was "I'm fed up with all the junk mail." Inside, it read "Would you like to get SPAM out of your life for Good? Would you like to take back CONTROL of your inbox and experience TOTAL PRIVACY! Click - to learn more - there is no cost!" Can you believe that? I actually received spam that promises to tell me how to get rid of spam! I am simply astounded that anyone would actually use spam to advertise a spam control product. The other thing that amazes me is when the spammers try to use a misleading subject line such as "hello friend" (or something similar to that) and then when you open the email, you get some stupid spam trying to sell prescription drugs, dvd players, home insurance, an investment "opportunity", or maybe even a "proven formula" guaranteed to increase, lift and firm your breasts. (Apparently it only takes as little as 30 days to increase your bust by 1 to 3 sizes and it's all natural!) So what do they think? Because they wrote "hello friend" in the subject line, you'll open the email and suddenly decide to buy their product which you wouldn't have bought if they had told you what it was in the first place? And while I'm on the topic, lately I've received spam that has a disclaimer at the bottom, telling you why their message it isn't actually "spam" (even though it really is.) Ladies and gentleman... spammers are officially the stupidest people on earth. No wait... they are the second stupidest. The people who actually get sucked in by a spam message (if there are any)... those are the world's stupidest people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home