Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Don't light a match

A belated Happy New Year to all y'all. So last night I needed to fuel up my car. I've got a key-card account at a local unmanned station which allows me to fill up at anytime of day or night. Convenient. Except that the temperature at that time, last night, was a cool minus 36 degrees. So I start the pump, and suddenly the rubber hose decides to contract (from the bitter cold) and it pulls itself out of my gas tank. I had already clicked the little handle lock (so that I didn't have to hang onto the nozzle), and unfortunately the lock didn't disengage. So gasoline starts spraying absolutely EVERYWHERE! I finally managed to catch the stupid nozzle and turn the thing off, but not before I was literally soaked with gasoline. My boots, pants, jacket, gloves... everything was just saturated. D'oh!

1 Comments:

At January 08, 2005 5:45 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Was it like the scene from Zoolander?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home