Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I *need* a motorcycle

Ah yes. I'm getting a little bit sentemental here. I just finished reading a news story that reminded me of the good ol' days. State Police in Minnesota just broke their unofficial record for the fastest speeding ticket ever issued in the state of Minnesota. It was given to a motorcyclist, clocked at 205mph or 330km/h. (That is so incredibly cool, it brings a tear to my eye.) That happens to be 140mph (225km/h) over the posted speed limit of 65mph. (To read the full story, as long as it remains available, click here.) They should have given him a prize instead of a ticket. If I were a cop, the only reason I'd pull over a speeder going 140mph over the limit would be to congratulate him! I *need* to buy a motorcycle again.

5 Comments:

At September 23, 2004 3:08 PM, Blogger Daryl said...

As your support group I'm compelled to say... Don't do it... There is only heartbreak down that road... Rememember why you sold your bike in the first place... unless you're willing to pay $200 fines and can bus it for the rest of your life.

 
At September 23, 2004 3:21 PM, Blogger Pablo said...

But what about the glory, the admiration and respect of all my peers? :-)

 
At September 25, 2004 3:39 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Unless glory, admiration and respect come in cast's and bandages...I'm siding with Daryl on the "don't do it" side.

 
At September 26, 2004 1:02 AM, Blogger D said...

Normally I would vote in favour of you getting a bike, but if you want it for the speed factor I have two words of adivice for you, "Manitoba roads." Nuff said.

 
At November 12, 2004 11:04 AM, Blogger Srikant Jakilinki said...

I thought you were inspired by the movie "The Motorcycle Diaries" and wanted the motorcycle. Yes, I agree that a prize should be given... Thanks for visiting my site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home