Tuesday, June 18, 2002

I probably have the most honest dentist around. Usually they will tell you crap like "this isn't going to hurt a bit." Or maybe the old line about how "it'll feel just like a little mosquito bite." Not my dentist though. Nope. Today I went in for the next stage of my front tooth implant. Before giving me the first of four freezing needles, he said to me, "you might want to grab onto the hand rails and brace yourself... this is going to be nasty." (Uh... yeah okay, thanks doc...) He wasn't kidding either. Those needles hurt so much I think that I'm going to have nightmares about them. (Think what it would feel like to have the corner of a razor blade pressed deeply into your gums in the front of your mouth, and then have someone twist it around and wiggle it while leaning into it for added pressure... yup, that would probably feel quite similar.) The rest of the procedure wasn't too bad though. I couldn't really feel my face after that anyway, so the drilling was actually somewhat relaxing. I kind of enjoyed that part. Now I've got a huge piece of titanium metal embedded into my jaw. I wonder if it will set off metal detectors at the airport? That would be cool! So in my next visit to the dentist, in about a month and half from now, I'll get a temporary tooth installed, and then about six months later I can get the permanent one done. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home