Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Everyone who frequents our local Tim Hortons donut shop knows that the service will be slow. I just don't understand it. If there are even two people in front of you (in the line-up at the order counter), it can take up to ten minutes until you get served. Seriously, it is that slow. Which makes it hard to understand how they can be so incredibly fast when you go through the drive-through. If there were ever a contest for the fastest drive-through in the world, our Tim Hortons would be guaranteed to win. Here's an example of what I'm talking about... at the risk of sounding like a complete nerd I will admit that a few days ago, I decided to use a stop watch to time how long it would take me to receive my order at their drive-through. I pulled up to the microphone, and ordered the "chili meal deal" which consists of a bowl of chili, a dinner roll, medium coffee, and a donut. I started timing the moment that I finished placing my order. Then I drove ahead to the pick-up window. As soon as I arrived at the window they instantly handed me the coffee. I gave them a $20 bill to pay for the order. They gave my change and handed me my order which was bagged and ready to go. Total elapsed time from when I placed my order, until I had paid, received my change and my food was a grand total of 15 seconds. Fifteen frickin' seconds! And I'm not rounding off either. It was exactly 15 seconds. That was faster than I had even imagined was possible. So then why, oh why, does it take so long when I want to eat inside? Strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home